To access and use the Website, you will need to register with us and create an account on the Website. During the registration process you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (such as your name and email address). You will also be asked to submit certain information about your health and lifestyle which is considered sensitive and which has special protection under data protection law [in the UK].
We may also collect personal information from you when you:
- correspond with us (for example, when you send us e-mail communications or send letters to us or otherwise make enquiries about the Website);
- you contribute to the discussion boards in the Community section of the Website;
- update the My Profile section of your account on the Website;
- add or edit your measures in the Success and Measures section of your account on the Website; and
- when you use the Website to self report your progress on Curves Complete or when you update any other aspect of your account on the Website.
We also collect certain information automatically about visitors to the Website, as described in the section headed "Cookies" below.
By entering your details in the fields requested during registration and providing your personal information thereafter, you enable us to provide you with the Website and Curves Complete. When you provide sensitive personal information to us, you expressly consent to us using it for the purposes of providing you with the Website and Curves Complete and tailoring Curves Complete to suit your needs and capabilities.
When you provide your personal information to us, you accept that we may retain it and that it may be held by us or any third party that processes it on our behalf for the purposes of providing the information or services which you have requested. Any third parties who process personal information on our behalf are required to maintain the confidentiality and privacy of the personal information that they process for us.
Our use of your personal information
We use the personal information we collect from you to:
- create and administer your account on the Website and to provide you with Curves Complete and the information or services that you have requested from us;
- deal with your enquiries and requests;
- allow you to participate in the interactive features, such as the Community section, on the Website, where you choose to do so;
- send you service related communications, including announcements and administrative messages;
- send you newsletters and information about products, services and promotions relating to us and other Curves companies in accordance with your communication preferences. You may opt into or out of receiving information about the products and services offered by Curves companies on registration, or at any time by checking the relevant box in the My Profile section of your account on the Website, by clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link in the emails we send, or by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- undertake relevant research, such as research into the effectiveness and improvement of our health and fitness services and products, using only aggregated and/or anonymised information; and
- understand how the Website and Curves Complete are used so that we can continuously improve them and the services we provide to you.
We may also generate, use and disclose aggregated and/or anonymised information and statistics about the Website and/or Curves Complete for marketing and strategic purposes. However, no individual will be individually identifiable from these aggregated and/or anonymised information and statistics.
Cookies and information that we automatically collect
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, log in times and browser type. We use this information to better understand how visitors use the Website and for internal reporting purposes.
Cookies are small text files that websites often store on computer hard drives or mobile devices of visitors to their sites. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
There are two broad categories of cookies - 'first party cookies' and 'third party cookies':
- First party cookies are cookies that are served directly by the website or mobile device operator to your computer. They are used only by the website operator to recognise your computer or mobile device when it revisits that site.
- Third party cookies are served by a service provider on behalf of the website operator, and can be used by the service provider to recognise your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites. Third party cookies are most commonly used for website analytics or advertising purposes.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some cookies are 'session cookies', meaning that they exist only while your browser is open. These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are 'permanent cookies', meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. They can be used by websites to recognize your computer when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
The Website serves only the following cookies to your computer [or mobile device]:
|Cookie||Who serves it||What it does||More information|
|Authentication Cookie||Curves Complete||To authenticate the user for access to Curves Complete|
|Preference Cookie||Curves Complete||To store country & language information about the visitor|
You can block cookies by using the opt-out links provided in the table above, or by changing your browser settings so that cookies from the Website cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device. Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Sharing your personal information
We may disclose the personal information we collect from you:
- to Curves' related corporations to provide you with fitness-related products and services;
- when we request that you share such information and you choose to do so;
- to third parties that provide services on our behalf and under our instruction (such as IT service providers);
- to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party; and
We may also share the personal information we collect from you with Curves' related corporations to provide you with details about other Curves products and services, unless you tell us you do not want to receive this information.
Public areas of the Website
We may offer you the opportunity to post, comment or exchange information on publicly accessible areas of the Website (for example, the Community section of the Website). You should exercise caution if you choose to disclose personal information such as your name or contact details when doing so, as this information will be accessible to other individuals following Curves Complete, and may be accessible to the general public and indexed by search engines.
Accessing and updating your personal information
You have a right to access the personal information we hold about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to us at Customer Service, Curves International, 100 Ritchie Road, Waco, TX 76712. [Please note that we are entitled to charge a small fee (currently £10) for providing you with copies of personal information we may hold about you.]
If you would like to update or edit the personal information held on your account on the Website, please log in and update your profile through the My Profile page.
You may delete your account on the Website by writing to Customer Service, Curves International, 100 Ritchie Road, Waco, TX 76712. You must include your full name, email address and club information within this document. If you delete your account all of your personal information, meal plans, meal plan preferences, activity logs, exercise logs, measurements and health information will be removed from the Curves Complete database.
Road, Waco, TX 76712.
or email: email@example.com